Yep… so it’s been a loooooong time since I have flown my 450. It was shelved when I got the 500, and even though I don’t have many flights on that….it still collected dust as I focused on planes and multirotors for a bit. Then I picked up the 550…and well…the 450 was getting buried at the bottom of the pile o’ stuff!
As it turns out, my 500 needs servos, and I am waiting for crash parts for my 550…so it was time to bring out the heli that started it all. My very first video as “cpoheli” was of the unboxing of this airframe. It’s my first heli. Even better…it’s actually flyable. I have been dreading re-binding it to my new radio and re-doing the setup…but last night I made the decision that I was going to do it.
I can’t believe I didn’t do this sooner. It took literally five minutes to hook up an RX to the sats and get them bound to my Taranis (Orange module). I then spent a little time re-doing all of the setup of the new radio model, and re-doing the setup in the Robird. I even put it through the Soko Kit process….and got every last bit of precision eeked out of the head setup.
I think I put 6 or so batteries through it today…and this was just about a half flight to get some video for you all. I know most of you don’t believe my 450 still flies…or that I can fly anything! ; )
As I also warn…I am not interesting to watch. I am beginner for sure…3D is on the horizon…but I’m taking it slow…trying to keep crash costs down. Regardless…here’s some flight video. As you can tell from the flag…it was slightly breezy. The heli flies nice tho…and actually flies much better than I remember when I put it away last summer. It might just start getting some action again!
Thanks for watching!