10 : Tarot 450 Pro V2 Build : Tail Assembly (Complete)

Today marks more significant progress on the heli build. This video covers my work on the complete tail assembly, including the front tail gear block, the rear tail rotor, the torque tube, and the tail boom brace rods. Of course, it starts with some disassembly to thread lock all of the screws and check things out.

I did have to deal with a little tail rotor binding after tightening the screws on tail rotor blade grip linkages. I’ll show you how I chose to resolve that problem, and now it is smooth as silk with zero binding and no slop. (Hint: It involved sand paper. ; )

My kit had a different linkage rod that was shown in the manual, and different than I have seen in other builds, so I took a moment to point out those changes. At first I thought I was missing a part, but it turns out it was just a different (perhaps updated) style of rod.

Things I forgot to call out in the video: Don’t forget to thread lock the blade grip screws. Also, there are two balls screwed into plastic… put some CA glue on that to make sure it stays there.

Enjoy! Let me know if you have any comments or questions.

======================

Now that I have my new Tarot 450 Pro V2 Kit, it’s time to get started on the build. Join me as I approach this build from a completely novice perspective. I’ll be learning as I go, but hopefully someone can learn something from this…or at least get the courage to do it on your own.

Thanks for watching!